Apache Open For Business (OFBiz) is an open source enterprise automation software project.By open source enterprise automation it mean ERP, CRM E-Business/E-Commerce , SCM , Open Source MRP and so on.
Apache OFBiz Development ( A beginner's tutorial ) is a book from Packt Publishing . It is written by two experienced java developers Jonathan Wong and Rupert Howell. It explains the OFBiz functionality, covers from installing OFBiz to fixing an issue in the actual code :).
What you will learn this book.
- Learn what OFBiz is, and what it is capable of doing for business.
- Install and configure OFBiz to optimize system performance.
- Develop a bespoke OFBiz component. Enhance and modify existing components.
- Save time by learning how to re-use existing OFBiz code.
- Explore Entities – the basic units of the framework's Model – to simplify database operations and perform complicated queries.
- Define, create, and call Java services in the Service Engine to build synchronous and asynchronous communications.
- Learn syntax and schema for the OFBiz language: MiniLang. Use MiniLang to speed up your OFBiz development.
- Acquire valuable development and performance tips that will make your custom applications supreme.
If you are into developing or evaluation open source enterprise automation software at apache, this is a must have book.Here is a sample chapter from the book.